We recently made a pact to start going on more regular dates, setting aside one day a week to go on a date night. We decided that about 2 weeks before lockdown, so only managed to get on 2 dates but it was such a nice little habit to start.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been loving using this time to get creative and think of cute date nights we can have at home in our bubble. We have had movie nights with popcorn and snacks, painting days, cook and bakeathons, game nights, and my all time favourite the home picnic.
It’s such an easy and cute one too! All we did was lay down a beach rug in our lounge room and make a selection of crudités and just simply enjoyed the company, read books and watched movies. I also love to make my own Hummus! It is such an easy 5 minute recipe with such basic ingredients plus I really love the fact I save 50c on buying it already made. I know it doesn’t sound like a big saving for the effort, but when you’re trying to save you do crazy things.
Added to the basic recipe, sometimes I love to experiment with different flavours. Some of my favourites would be:
– Paprika (just a pinch on top)
– Beetroot (add half a can, drained, into the blender)
– Pumpkin (Roast 1 cup in oil then add to blender – I usually use leftovers)
– Kumara (Sweet potato) (boil 1 potato in water drain, cool and blend)
– Oil and Lemon Juice (After blending add tsp of each on top)
Basic Hummus Recipe
- 400g Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed (save water for my Aquafaba Pancake Recipe)
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 2 Tbsp Unhulled Tahini
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add chickpeas and garlic to a food processor and blitz until combined.
- Add tahini, cumin, lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper and blend until combined.
- If using a flavour add this too and blend until everything is fully mixed.
- If mixture is too thick add 1 tbsp of water.