Life all of a sudden got super busy, meaning I took an impromptu little hiatus from the social foodie world and focused on getting my schedule together. I love to be organised, plan my weeks, set myself goals and work through a ‘to-do’ list of things I want to do each week.
However, getting into a routine was suddenly interrupted by two things. The first being I was finding myself to be super tired and demotivated. Usually I would want to jump out of bed in the morning hit a gym session, work all day then have something I needed to be doing in the evening. All of that slumped when I couldn’t get out of bed in the mornings and I just wanted to sleep on the sofa by 5pm. We also had a new little addition to our family, Sokka our Flemish Giant Rabbit and adding housetraining and bonding into the mix made all routines fly out of the window.
If you live under a rock, news here in New Zealand is that Aucklanders have entered the second level 3 lockdown, meaning I’m back at home. This time, I am so grateful. As much as I love my job its so nice to be able to take that out of the mix while I get my routine back in order, practice a little yoga and meditation and ‘get back on the bandwagon’ as they say. I know, I know, I should definitely be using my leave allowance more for a little breather every now and then but with family overseas we often save our leave for those trips.
Lockdown for me means I get ridiculously productive. I love to start my days with a long walk, do some experimenting in the kitchen, finally make a dent in the online course I’ve been wanting to do and of course, chill with my bunny, do yoga and relax at home. On my last day of work a few of the girls brought home grown fruits, perfect for some quarantine bakes!
Orange and Yoghurt Loaf
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup Oil (I used Olive oil)
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 5 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice.
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 Cup Plain Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat Oven to 200°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix flaxseeds with 5 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- Add sugar, oil and flaxseed mixture to a mixer and blend until smooth.
- Add orange juice, zest and yoghurt to the mixer and combine.
- Mix through flour, baking soda and salt. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until a fork comes out smooth.
- Allow to cool. Top with icing (mix 2 tbsp of icing sugar with 3 tbsp of orange juice) and zest.