I am so stoked with how productive and on track I’ve been so far this lockdown. I found that last time we had this self isolation I had really productive days followed by extra lazy days. However, this time I was fully prepared to set myself up for success.
Let me just say, I have seen a lot of people saying you don’t HAVE to be productive during lockdown. Which I completely agree with. Just for me personally I have to be busy or I get in my own head, anxious and overwhelmed. So being on top of my productivity just works for me, plus I love having a sense of achievement at the end of each day, or I feel the worst. It just works, but it’s not for everyone, and thats totally okay.
In order to be productive I set up a few little tricks. When we first found out about the new lockdown I set up a habits tracker in my bullet journal and a small to-do list of things I wanted to achieve. This has helped me so much to make sure I’m filling my day with a variety of things, making sure I exercise enough, get fresh air plus have some time for myself and relax. On my fridge I listed what exercise I wanted to complete each day because I enjoy ticking things off so much.
The thing I have found is that when I’m at home I seem to get really snacky, especially in the afternoons. I tend not to buy unhealthy snacks and so we always have nuts, seeds and the occasional dark chocolate on hand to curb the sweet tooth, however, as I was given lots of citrus fruits on my last day of work I whipped up this lemon and coconut bar recipe to have healthy snacks on hand!
Lemon and Coconut Bars
- 150g Cashews
- 250g Pitted Dates, Chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Lemons
- 200g Desiccated Coconut
- Place cashews in to a blender and blend until fine.
- Chop dates and add to the blender and mix until well chopped.
- Juice and zest the two lemons, add to the blender with vanilla and coconut and mix until all is mixed well together.
- Line a square tin with baking paper and press mixture into the tin. Make sure to press down hard so mixture stays together.
- Place in the fridge for about 2 hours, slice and serve. Keeps in a airtight container in the fridge for around 2 weeks.